by Arlene Marom
URL for this Blog Post: bit.ly/2XJvCBA
Many organizations ‒ including sports teams, esports, entertainment companies and CPG brands (Consumer Packaged Goods) ‒ have a big problem and may not even be aware of it. They have large digital audiences, but 90% of them are anonymous! Their audience engages regularly, often on a daily basis, on social media platforms, websites and apps, but these social and media platforms own and monetize the data for themselves. The remaining 10% are fans who have transacted directly with the organization ‒ purchased tickets or merchandise, signed up for a newsletter, requested email updates, became a member, etc. ‒ and thus, are identified and are part of the organization’s database. The critical question for these organizations that are missing out on endless marketing opportunities is: How can they identify and monetize the anonymous 90%?
Asaf Nevo, CEO and Co-Founder of Pico - Get Personal and a Haifa native, together with COO and Co-Founder, Roi Mozer, got the idea for the startup at Asaf’s wedding. Realizing that people were taking hundreds of photos but there was no way to view them all in one place, they established Pico.buzz, which was initially a photo sharing platform that enabled people, brands and organizations to share photos and allowed bands to have a single dedicated location for user-generated content. They later met Aviv Paz, the third Co-Founder and CTO, and pivoted in 2014 to become a data-driven fan marketing platform, powered by AI, which has been working since 2017. They got their initial start at the DreamIt accelerator program in Philadelphia. Today, the company has 20 employees, is headquartered in Haifa with offices in Israel and North America, and has a solution that is being used around the globe by over 55 of the biggest brands, CPG companies, sports teams, and other organizations with large digital audiences.
The company’s short term goals are to expand the team and the budgets in order to support their long-term goal of accelerated growth within the sports, entertainment and CPG markets. Their mission is to drive personal connections, ensure that every fan's voice is heard, enable fans to be reached on the channels they prefer, and provide a data-driven approach to fan marketing.
Attention: Potential Candidates! Pico – Get Personal IS HIRING!!!
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/asafnevo/ https://www.linkedin.com/company/picogp